Additional sizes may be available!Additional sizes may be available! Email me when available
· We cannot ship this product to Alaska.
|*||Powerful in-sump protein skimmer with controllable pinwheel pump for aquariums up to 530 gallons|
|*||Advanced internal protein skimmer boasts refined control for enhanced protein skimming performance|
|*||Compatible with aquarium controllers such as Neptune Apex or Reef Angel for unprecedented control|
Powerful Apex-Ready in-sump protein skimmer boasts five levels of pump speed control for unprecedented performance in aquariums up to 530 gallons. The heart of the Reef Octopus Elite 220INT Super Cone Protein Skimmer is an advanced controllable DC VarioS pinwheel pump that allows for refined control, enhanced performance and efficiency. 0-10v input on the VarioS Pump Controller allows seamless integration to such aquarium controllers as Neptune Apex or Reef Angel.
The Reef Octopus Elite 220INT Super Cone Protein Skimmer features a high-quality cast acrylic and machined PVC construction and disassembles for convenient cleaning and maintenance. Unique "wine glass" body of the Reef Octopus Elite 220INT Super Cone Protein Skimmer naturally stabilizes and concentrates organic-rich foam for effective removal of organic aquarium pollutants. The Reef Octopus Elite 220INT Super Cone Protein Skimmer features a 16.5" x 12.2" footprint and is rated for saltwater and marine reef aquariums up to 530 gallons. For in-sump use.
Please Note: The recommended sump water height for the Reef Octopus Elite 220INT Super Cone Protein Skimmer is 7.5" to 9".
|300 Gallons||400 Gallons||530 Gallons|
Footprint: 16.5" x 12.2"
Neck Size: 4.75"
Total Height: 24.8"
Output Size: 1.5" (50mm)
Power Consumption: 35-70 Watts
Voltage: DC 36V
Air Draw: 1,200-2,400 Liters Per Hour)
Max Water Draw: 528 Gallons Per Hour
* Safe and Efficient 36V Power
* Turbulence Reducing Super Cone Body
* Solid Cast Acrylic & Machined PVC Construction
* Vented Output Valve with Adjustment Dial
* "Twist & Lift" Collection Cup
* Disassembles for Easy Cleaning & Maintenance
* Efficient, Quiet and Controllable VarioS Skimmer Pump
* 5 Controllable Energy Saving Power Settings
* Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
* Safety Float Switch
* 0-10v Input for 3rd Party Controller
* Integrated Memory
* Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals
Refined ControlIn addition to allowing the pump to run at five different speeds, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different Pause/Feed Modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. This feature comes in handy when you are feeding the aquarium or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- The best feature of the VarioS Controller is a 0-10v input which will allow a third party controller such as Neptune System APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS Controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioS Pump features a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change pump output orientation in 90 degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.